Our first S&S blog banners are ready to go! You’re welcome to post any of them on your blog, and help promote OWH.
(ETA 6/2/10: We had a goofup in Photobucket, so if your blog linked to these previously, you may need to go grab the new code. SORRY!)
How do you become a “blog circle member,” you ask? If you have a blog, and you plan to participate in our challenges and fun here on Stars & Stamps, just send an email and we’ll add you! You’ll see by our list that we’ve been adding more blogs—they’re sorted by latest post.
If you don’t have a blog but will still be playing along, you can add our banners to your sig file on a messageboard if you’d like. We’ll be creating some avatars for Facebook too, so stay tuned.
These new banners have been added to our Photobucket account here.
A few notes:
- If using the S&S banners, link them to this blog, http://www.owhstarsandstamps.org
- If using generic OWH banners (also on the Photobucket page), link to http://operationwritehome.org
- If you choose an ANIMATED (blinking) banner, you cannot download it to your desktop and simply add it in your sidebar; it won’t animate that way. For some reason it has to be linked to the hosted Photobucket original, using the “direct link” code. (See instructions below.)
Instructions for adding a banner on Blogger blogs:
- Go to your Blogger Dashboard and Select LAYOUT
- Choose PAGE ELEMENTS and then select ADD A GADGET.
- From the choices pick PICTURE.
- TITLE and CAPTION are optional, but you’ll want to put http://operationwritehome.org in the LINK box.
- In the “FROM THE WEB” box, add the code for the banner of your choice from that banner’s “Direct link” box on Photobucket.
- Click SAVE. You can drag the boxes around to re-order your banners as you wish.
If someone would be willing to write up instructions for WordPress or other blog software, we’ll post them here too!