Hi bloggers! What fun this Stars and Stamps blog has been in these first weeks…full of so much excitement and inspiration….are we having fun or what?
Wee Henry update
Earlier this week we posted a challenge using a free digistamp in the form of a .tif file from Hambo Stamps. Some of you have been struggling with what to do with it…sorry! Try downloading this Word document that has the image placed into it already. You should be able to resize the image by dragging the corner of it.
Kate posted on our Facebook page that some bloggers might want to change some settings:
I don’t know where to say this so that the most people will see it. I’ve been visiting a lot of the blogs in the blogroll at Stars and Stamps, and I like to leave comments, but some people don’t have as many “identify yourself” options on the comments, so I’m finding that if people don’t have the option for name and website, I just can’t leave a comment at all. 😦 Can we spread the word?
So if that’s you, poke around on your blog settings, and be sure to open up comments to anyone if you can; on Blogger’s dashboard, go to Settings/Comments and be sure the Who setting is “Anyone” and also that the form placement is set at “Popup” (I just noticed this blogs’s settings were wrong too! Ack!) If your blog restricts comments, you just might be missing out on some wonderful feedback!
How are you liking this S&S blog? Is it inspiring you? Are you making more cards, or trying new things…or just having more fun making them? Leave a comment on this post!
If you want to “give back” by hosting a sketch, a midweek challenge, or a tutorial, email firstname.lastname@example.org to offer your talents! We can help format the post (you don’t have to be a blogger) …we just need your creativity and content!
How about some fun?
Let’s shake off the winter blues with a bloghop! This hop will take place on Saturday, March 20th…and here’s how it’ll work:
- Sign up ahead of time by filling out this form.
- Spread the word on your blog by linking to http://operationwritehome.org/bloghop ….and if you’d like to add a sidebar gadget, you can snag the code from our Photobucket album!
- Please set your post to go live by 9am EST (6amPST) on Saturday March 20th. Make sure it’s the only post that day, so it’s at the top of your blog. (Or other posts could have a later time stamp so they’re below it.)
- Be prepared to edit it on FRIDAY night March 19th to add a BIG BOLD LINK to the stop on the hop that follows yours; you’ll have that info emailed to you on Friday March 19th or sooner.
- Mandatory Content:
-A springy thinking-of-you or hello type of card (no sentiment is also fine)
-Please note the deadline for Mother’s Day is April 1 for new cardmakers joining us.
-Something from our site, blogs, or Facebook page that would help or inspire other cardmakers
-Your reason for being an OWH cardmaker! A story or comment, photos of your hero, links to inspirational videos…anything you’d like.
- Optional: you can offer up a tutorial, blog candy….anything else you want to add to make it fun
- Please visit the blogs during the hop and leave lots of feedback! The start of the hop will be here on this blog that morning.
- Confirmation: We’ll be sending a confirmation reminder email about a week before the hop.
- If you are UNABLE to join in the hop or edit your post on Friday, please email email@example.com and let us know. You won’t want to be the missing link in the bloghop! 🙂 (If we come across your blog and you don’t have a ‘hop’ post up, we’ll try to scramble and have the blog before you change their link so we hop past yours.)
Have a supercreative weekend!