Are you planning on spending some time crafting this weekend? If so, here’s a challenge…pick any of the bloggers listed in our blog roll, and pick any of their cards – and CASE it! (CASE stands for “copy and share everything” – some people call this “Scraplifting” in the scrapbooking world!)
You may decide to copy it exactly, but CASE-ing is generally meant to give you inspiration or a challenge, especially when you’re ‘stuck’! Often we don’t have the same supplies, stamps, or papers, but can make something that reflects the things we liked in the other person’s card.
Here are just a few options you can try to alter the card you choose:
- Just match the color combo.
- Change the theme/sentiment.
- Flip it horizontally.
- Match how they used an embellishment.
- Try the technique they taught.
- Use their card as a “sketch” to start with.
Below, post either a link to the card you CASEd, or the card itself if you acquire permission from the blogger (if the image doesn’t have a watermark on it, please be extra-sure you credit them with a link in your post!) Post your card by next Friday, the 5th!
One easy way to repost their card:
- Go to their blog.
- Click on the card photo; if it opens larger in a new window, copy/paste that url into the “web address” portion on your blog when you’ve got your post ready.
- If the image doesn’t open in a new window, rightclick and see if there’s a “Copy Image Location” option; then go back to your blog and paste it in the “web address” line.
- Click on the card photo, and when it opens in the new window, right-click and download it.
- Repost on your blog, with appropriate credit and link.
- Post your card on Facebook, with a link to the blogger’s card in your comment. or…..
- Post on another online gallery, and leave a link here.