- Fly your flag at your home or business at half-staff.
- Donate blood at your local Red Cross, especially if you’re in Texas.
Soldiers’ Angels is assessing the needs of local families and heroes at Fort Hood. Their founder is currently residing in Texas, and is standing by to offer physical and emotional support to our heroes and their families. Soldiers’ Angels is collecting encouraging notes and NEW stuffed animals for the families and children of the injured or killed. Please send cards/letters and stuffed animals (and anything NEW that may brighten the life of a child) to:
- Letters can be short or long – a simple thank you, or a long chatty letter telling about your town, school, neighborhood, job, weather. Anything that gives them a taste of home!
- AnyHero mail can be on notebook paper, fancy cards, printed stationery, storebought cards – the sentiment is what matters most!
- These can be thank-you themed, or patriotic – or just a general cheery hello. Christmas themes can be sent til the first week of December so we can get them included in our Valentines shipments that will begin then.
- Ask friends, family, churches, coworkers, and groups to write a note too.
- Sign letters with your first name, hometown, and state. (More is okay – you can provide an address they can write back to if they have time, or email. But they may not be able to write back, so don’t hold your breath.)
- Children’s letters and drawings are awesome as well – have them draw pictures of their family, their home, their school. You can also download our templates that kids can color and write a letter in.
We’ve been updating our Facebook Fan Page with information as we get it; from individual reports to news coverage to requests to donate blood, sign up to be a fan and receive our udpates on your own page.